- The monthly Polaris all-staff meeting took place at the Hintz Alumni Center on Wednesday morning.
- The News Team met to work on the information Architecture (IA) and wireframes for the Penn State Live site. The team is in the final stages of accepting overall Polaris team input for the IA of Live.
- The Drupal Panel had their initial meeting to discuss plans for Drupal establishment within the technical integration scheme. In addition, a representative from the panel joined the Polaris Leads to meet with a group from Hershey Medical Center to discuss Drupal.
- The Research Team met to plan for the next round of usability testing.
- The Content Team met to discuss content creation and workflow plans.
- An ad-hoc group met to talk through making the most of Google Analytics, and discussed bringing on consultants to help with optimizing our settings as we look to future needs.
In addition to meetings, the Polaris Team Leads worked on the following: 1) deciding whether to make an immediate change to the way the feedback survey is presented on www.psu.edu to increase participation, 2) discussing a potential fourth major iterative release to www.psu.edu to be timed for the beginning of the Fall semester, and 3) working in conjunction with Finance Officers to review the implementation budget and finalize it for approval process.The IA for www.psu.edu was presented to the Polaris project sponsors. Further enhancements were made to the Request for Proposals (RFP) that will be sent to Drupal vendors. On deck for next week:
- Completion of the RFP and submission to the Drupal vendors
- The Content Team will begin planning who will address which content on www.psu.edu and live.psu.edu.
- The Polaris team will be given the opportunity to review and provide input on the wireframes for www.psu.edu.
- The Infrastructure Panel of the Technical & Integration Team will begin writing functional requirements for the infrastructure of the site and will begin planning case studies.