Work on the Penn State web presence has progressed since the last update in three main areas: site building, strategy discussions and modifications to two requests for proposals (RFPs).
Work on the functional requirements for the infrastructure of the Penn State site continued within the Infrastructure Committee of the Technical and Integration Team. The News Team held an extended meeting to discuss the taxonomy for Live/News. The Information Architecture/Wireframes Committee considered subscription and feature strategies and began to review responsive web design wireframes for www.psu.edu.
Two overarching strategy discussions took place in recent days. The first examined the potential to launch a fourth full iterative release later this year in advance of the Grand Relaunch. The second discussion centered on how to support both www.psu.edu and live.psu.edu after the Grand Relaunch.
Finally, modifications continued on both the Drupal vendor and analytics consultant RFPs.
On deck for the next week:
- The News Team will continue discussing the taxonomy for Live/News and will work toward finalizing the information architecture for live.psu.edu
- The RFP should be ready to send to Drupal vendors
- The Training Team will hold its kickoff meeting
- The first draft of content for the redesigned www.psu.edu will be completed
- The Creative Team will continue developing preliminary graphic prototypes for the redesigned sites